Following the Standing Committee on Social Policy meeting, the BUSA office undertook to re-circulate a call for nominations to allow members a final opportunity to nominate suitable candidates to serve as the Deputy Chairperson for the Standing Committee.
The Deputy Chairperson of the Committee will serve for a period of 2 (two) years, and shall be eligible to serve for a further 2 (two) years.
The Deputy Chairperson, in conjunction with the Chairperson and the BUSA Social Policy team, shall:
- Ensure the effectiveness of the Standing Committee;
- Develop a relationship of trust with the members of the Committee;
- Ensure that the agendas for meetings focus on key issues as defined by the mandate of the Committee;
- Ensure that nominated members actively participate in the activities of the Committee by stimulating and guiding the debate;
- Guide decision making of the Committee;
- Ensure that interest is encouraged in the work of the Committee by facilitating access to leading experts and government officials relevant to the work of the Committee;
- Ensure that the work of the Committee is publicised across BUSA’s membership and responding to feedback from both the BUSA and Committee membership
Members are hereby requested to nominate suitable candidates to serve as the Deputy Chairperson for the Committee by close of business on Friday, 02 August 2019.
All nominations should be submitted to Tshidi Ndebele (email@example.com).